Welcome to Southern Middle School
*Congratulations to our SMS art students for a lovely show at Awesome Inc!
*Thank You to our many volunteers who made our Career Fair a resounding success! Read the article to find out more.
* Step up to the Winter Reading Challenge. Bring completed form back to Mrs. Smith in the Library to earn free time in the gym or the comuter lab.
* Thank You SMS band students for the benefit concert this week. The Humane Society appreciates your donations!
* SMS Blood Drive: Thanks to everyone who donated!
*Yearbooks! Pre-order your 2015 SMS yearbook for $30. Students are in the front hall before school taking orders.
* Spirit Days: Whenever there is a HOME athletic event, we have a Spirit Day at school. Students may wear SMS-issued T-shirts, sweatshirts, or hoodies. The athletes playing in the HOME game that night are allowed to wear their team’s jersey (if sleeveless, a t-shirt must be worn underneath). All other dress code rules apply.
* Scratch Programming club for students meets in the computer lab on Thurdays before school. See Mrs. L'Esperance for a morning pass. firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Southern Films - Commercials: Southern Films can make commercials! If you own a local business and would like a television commercial produced for it, consider hiring Southern Films. For more information contact Mr. Keaton at email@example.com
*Intramurals began September 8th, Mondays 7:40 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. basketball, Wednesdays 7:40 – 8:30 soccer See Mr. King for information. Intramural Permission Slip
*YMCA Black Achievers: Any student 7th grade through 12th invited. Contact Roxanne Brown 859-367-7377 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
* Free online Homework Help is offered by the Lexington Public Library for most subject areas. All you need is a Library card and your pin number to connect with a professional tutor.
* Dress code information for Fall 2014. The dress code has not changed from the 2013 -2014 school year.
Homework Hotline: 381-3599
Dec. 19th: 2nd Quarter Ends, Winter Break begins at the close of this school day.
Classes resume on January 5th.
Scratch Programming Club meets every Thursday morning at 8:15 in the computer lab. All interested students are invited to participate.
Intramurals Meet Mondays and Wednesdays before school. Students need to have a signed permission slip.
Environmental Club meets after school on Mondays in Mrs. Cook's room til 5 PM.