Welcome to Southern Middle School
Congratulation SMS Film Club! Southern Films was honored at the Eichelberger Film Festival in Dayton Sunday night for our PSA “5 Seconds”. Over 100 submissions from high schools and middle schools across the Ohio valley were received and only 4 were chosen. We were one of them!
* It was great meeting parents at Open House on Tuesday. Thanks for coming in!
*Book Fair open through FRIDAY in the Library. Help us reach our goal of $3,265.
* Magazine/Gift Sale School-wide Fundraiser: Please support our school by encouraging family members and friends to purchase items from your student. All money raised will be used for technology that your students will use. Thanks in advance! All students who sell one or more items will get a dress down day! The fundraiser ends Friday Sept. 5th.
* The Bumblebee SMS spirit wear store is open! Go to www.bbteamsports.com and use the access code 141358 (Some items such as sweat pants and hoodies are not permitted by the SMS dress code)
Any 8th grade student interested in hearing a presentation on the Henry Clay HS Liberal Arts Academy on Aug. 29 must sign up in the counseling office by Thursday August 28th.
*YMCA Black Achievers: Any student 7th grade through 12th invited. Contact Roxanne Brown 859-367-7377 or email@example.com for more info.
*Cheerleading Clinics/Tryouts: All girls interested in trying out for cheerleading can get a packet and sign up to try out in Room 104. Clinics and tryouts will be August 28 and Aug 29 in the gym from 4:30 to 6 PM, and Sept. 5th 4:30 to 6 in the orchestra room.
*Girls Basketball Tryouts: When: Tues. Sept. 30th and Wed. Oct 1st. Dress: Gym clothes. Time: 4 - 6 PM. both days. Tryouts are closed to spectators. Girls must have a copy of a current sports physical to try out.
* Free online Homework Help is offered by the Lexington Public Library for most subject areas. All you need is a Library card and your pin number to connect with a professional tutor.
* Dress code information for Fall 2014. The dress code has not changed from the 2013 -2014 school year.
Homework Hotline: 381-3599
August 25th - 29th: Book Fair
August 25th: Away Volleyball game at Beaumont at 4:45
August 26th: Special SBDM meeting at 4:15 library
August 26th: Open House 5:30
August 27th: Away Volleyball game at Tates Creek Middle at 4:45
August 26th: Special SBDM Meeting 4:15 library
August 28th: Football team plays EJ Hayes at SMS 5:30
September 1st: Labor Day